McNemar Cosmetic Surgery:
Thomas McNemar, MD, FACS
2160 West Grant Line Road #250
Tracy, CA 95377
Phone: (209) 834-0626
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Among the many different breast enhancement options that well-known board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Thomas McNemar offers, breast augmentation is requested more than any other procedure year after year. He takes the time during each breast augmentation consultation to review the many options available for breast implants with his patients in Tracy who come from Pleasanton, Livermore, Dublin, and around the Bay Area, to help them achieve the enhanced breast size and shape they desire.
To learn more about your breast implant choices, request a consultation online and receive a complimentary excerpt from Dr. McNemar’s book Breast Augmentation & Body Contouring. Or, call him in Tracy at (209) 834-0626 to make your appointment.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
Your surgical consultation is your first interaction with Dr. McNemar. It’s an important opportunity to discuss your medical history, aesthetic goals, lifestyle, and other topics related to your surgery. In addition to talking about your goals, Dr. McNemar also performs a detailed physical examination to evaluate your specific concerns and gain a deeper understanding of your anatomy. He’ll guide you through your surgical options and discuss how different implants can give you different results.
When you’re considering breast implants, it’s imperative to consult with a surgeon who is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and who has vast experience with a wide range of different implant types, such as Dr. McNemar. You have several different factors to decide on, but with Dr. McNemar’s guidance, the process can be simple, exciting, and rather fun. Thanks to his exceptional skills and work with the most advanced implants, Dr. McNemar can help you find options that exceed your goals and give you clear expectations about how your results may look.
Read more below about each of the different options you decide on together when you choose breast implants.
What Is the Best Breast Implant Material?
Dr. McNemar offers both saline and silicone breast implants. This decision is typically a matter of personal preference for his breast augmentation patients.
- Saline implants are filled with a sterile saltwater solution. Dr. McNemar can use a smaller incision when inserting saline implants than with silicone implants. He can adjust the implant size as needed before completing the surgery. If a rupture occurs after the procedure, the body will naturally absorb the harmless contents of the implant.
- Silicone implants are pre-filled with a cohesive gel and available in a variety of sizes. Many women feel that silicone implants possess a much more natural feel. Dr. McNemar recommends routine follow-up visits to check the implant status if you decide to have silicone implants.
- Highly cohesive silicone gel implants, commonly called “gummy bear” implants, are filled with a different form of silicone gel. These implants get their nickname because they hold their shape even when torn, just like gummy candy. Although breakage is unlikely, many women appreciate the additional peace of mind that these implants provide. Additionally, they have a very realistic look and feel.
Are Silicone Implants Safe?
The safety of silicone breast implants has been thoroughly studied, and no connection has been found between silicone implants and increased health problems. Silicone breast implants have been approved by the FDA for breast augmentation patients age 22 and older and for breast reconstruction patients of any age. The silicone implants Dr. McNemar uses have strong, elastic outer coverings and thicker filling than implants of the past. Silicone implants are more expensive than saline implants but provide results that look and feel more like natural breast tissue. You will be able to hold both implant types during your consultation to help you with your decision process.
Are Round or Teardrop Breast Implants Better?
After determining what type of implant you would like, it’s time to decide on the shape. The 2 primary implant shapes are:
- Round implants are usually preferred by women interested in a curved breast appearance. Many women feel that round implants are more similar to natural breasts when they move.
- Teardrop implants possess a natural breast shape, which is why they are also called anatomical implants. Teardrop implants have a top and bottom, and are typically textured to avoid movement within the breast pocket.
What Breast Implant Size Is Best for Me?
Size is a personal decision, and Dr. McNemar strives to give all breast augmentation patients fuller breasts that are beautiful and natural-looking. It’s helpful to show him photos of women who have the breast size and shape you’d like to attain. Our online patient photo gallery can be a good place to start. When selecting the size for your breast implants, Dr. McNemar will consider several factors such as your current breast size, body frame, and lifestyle. You will also have the opportunity to try on implant sizers to see what you could look like with varying options.
If you have significant sagging, he may suggest combining your augmentation with a breast lift.
Dr. McNemar in the News
View recent news clips, articles and press releases featuring Dr. McNemar as an authority on cosmetic treatments.View more media
How Do You Determine the Best Breast Implant Profile?
Dr. McNemar also will discuss the profile of your breast implant. The 3 primary types of breast implant profiles are high, medium, and low. The profile (or “projection”) is determined by your body type and chest dimensions. Low profile implants are wider and flatter, while more projected, narrower implants are high profile. Although most women choose high or medium profile implants, Dr. McNemar will make sure that you understand which profile is right for your body’s dimensions and your cosmetic goals.
For answers to common questions about breast implants and breast augmentation, visit Dr. McNemar’s Breast Augmentation page.
Learn From the Expert
As a board-certified plastic surgeon with decades of experience, Dr. Thomas McNemar loves teaching patients about their cosmetic treatments. To learn more about what to expect from your plastic surgery procedure, read his go-to guide on breast augmentation and body contouring.Buy Now
A Reputation Built on Results
Back to Top